Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Drawing Hands

Original Post: 5/16/2010







Andrew Loomis is my instructor this morning. I've attached a couple of pages of sketches working through his illustrations.

Hands are not as intimidating as they look once you understand the basics. The hand is two units in length with the center being just above the knuckles. An arch or curved arrangement of the fingers and knuckles are key. (A common mistake is to draw the knuckles in a straight line.)

The palm of the hand is all pads with the center of the palm hollow. The back of the hand is all tendons.

I hope you all have a chance to practice!!! Everyday that I freehand sketch gets a little easier. Using guides of measurement and using basic shapes to block in an object is helpful. Once I get the proportions correct, then I start to work in the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment