Sunday, November 25, 2012

New Animal Sketches


I've been working on a sketch series for a new Royal Brush project.  These are some of the finished images for an "Animal Safari Adventure" Sketch & Learn book.  I really like the idea of combining interesting animal facts with the sketches and outlines.  



I've been learning a lot by drawing a variety of animals.  I've discovered you don't have to include every bit of detail, but rather strike a balance of giving just enough information to "read" a feature.  For example, I did not include every spot on the cheetah, but rather gave the impression of spots.  And I don't even attempt to draw every hair, but just enough to look like fur.  Detail and sharpness around the eyes is especially importance as that is typically the focal point with animals.  


No comments:

Post a Comment