Sunday, February 07, 2010

Human Portraiture

There is a small group of artists who belong to a yahoo group called "Drawing Line to Life". We started the group to study Mike Sibley's book of the same title. I am the moderator and over the last few months have started to review Mike's book again. We have reached Chapter 8 where Mike demonstrates drawing his granddaughter Charlotte. We have decided to expand the topic to encompass human portraiture.


This is such a big topic that we have decided to it break down into smaller segments. As we finish up on our first topic, eyes, I thought it might be beneficial to layout the schedule for the next few weeks. I would like to welcome anyone interested in exploring the topic of drawing human portraiture to join us in our discussions, step-by-steps and sharing of our progress.

  • Feb 1-13 Eyes
  • Feb 14-27 Nose
  • Feb 28 - Mar 13 Mouth
  • Mar 14-27 Ears
  • Mar 28 - Apr 10 Hair
  • Apr 11-24 Head
  • Apr 25 - May 8 Hands
  • May 9-22 Clothed Figure Drawing
I am the first to admit that I am not a portrait artist, but I am using this opportunity to stretch my skills and I hope you all join me in this journey into human portraits. After we have exhausted this segment on portraiture, we will resume our study of Mike's book with Chapter 9.


I would like to invite you to join us.......


http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DrawingLinetoLife/

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment