Thursday, January 10, 2008

Piute Mountain Series I

I have darkened the rocks on the left and lightened the black 'halo' around top rock. I have also darkened the foreground and gave more definition to the foreground rocks.
This drawing is 7" x 9-1/2".




I have adjusted some of the rock edges. Making them a bit less straight and more angular. I extended the path all the way to the top of the ridge and I 've been working on darkening the path.







Is this a retake of a previous drawing? Well in a sense. I am trying out a new paper - Mellotex created in England. It is an ultra-smooth, ultra-white paper with a matte finish.

I think I may have overworked some areas but this is really giving me a great opportunity to play with textures. It has a wonderful flat matte feel to it that I enjoy. I can layer and layer and layer. And I can create the mid-tones easily, which is something I have always struggled with.

I still have a bit to do with this scene yet. The foreground and the path needs some work yet.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment